Directorio < Anarkasis < ciencia sciencia parte
The American South Home Page
- The Center for the Study of the American South (CSAS), was established in the summer of 1992 to consolidate and to build upon the longstanding tradition of Southern regional studies at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
American Studies Web
- A Guide to American Studies Resources on the Internet. Economy and politics, race and ethnicity, gender and sexuality, sociology and demography, literature and hypertext, philosophy and religion...etc.
American Studies Working Group
- The American Studies Working Group aims to bring together graduate students and faculty from across the disciplines for discussion of issues relating to the history, literature and society of the Americas.
Center For the Study of Southern Culture
- The Center offers both B.A. and M.A. degrees in Southern Studies. Students are attracted by the Center's pioneering curriculum, composed of more than 40 courses taught by faculty from 10 departments in the College of Liberal Arts.
University of Florida - Canadian & Commonwealth Studies Program & Florida-Canada Institute
- FCI is a statewide institute housed at UCF to promote understanding about cultural, educational, and commercial issues between Florida and Canada.
Asian American Studies
Asian American Resources
- Research the variety of resources available. Our content includes: clubs, media, personal home pages, events, new activities, clubs/organizations and more.
FAQ - soc.culture.asian.american
- A collection of frequently asked questions on society and Asian American culture.
Vincent Chin case
- Research the gripping case of Vincent Chan a case related to Japan-bashing and racism.
ANU - Asian E-Lists
- Asian Studies WWW Virtual Library among the top 5% of all sites on the Internet.
Asiatic Society of Japan
- The Asiatic Society of Japan. The Society, founded in 1872, holds monthly lectures in English on topics related to Japan or other countries in East Asia.
Australian National University - Faculty of Asian Studies
- Faculties of Asian Studies at Austrian National University, rated one of the world's leading Asian Studies teaching and learning institutions.
China Health and Nutrition Survey
- The Carolina Population Center, the Institute of Nutrition and Food Hygiene, and the Chinese Academy of Preventive Medicine are pleased to announce the availability of data from the 1989 and the 1991 China Health and Nutrition Survey.
Committee on East Asian Libraries
- East Asian Internet resource available for search by country; Japan, China, Taiwan etc..
Index - Asian Studies - WWW Virtual Library
- The McKinley Internet Directory in September 1995, the Point Survey rated Asian Studies WWW Virtual Library among the top 5% of all sites on the Internet.
- Internet Resources for Indological Scholarship for scholars of Sanskrit, Tamil, the Prakrits, and others interested in ancient and medieval India.
International Foundation for Human Development
- A voluntary organization founded in 1989 with head quarters in Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India.
- Bachelor degree program focused on Japanese studies at University of Central Queensland in languages and cultures for the teacher education program.
SAGAR South Asia Graduate Research Journal
- SAGAR is a bi-annual journal sponsored by the Center for Asian Studies at the University of Texas at Austin.
UCI Southeast Asian Archive
- The Archive collects materials relating to the resettlement of Southeast Asian refugees and immigrants in the United States (and to a lesser extent, worldwide), the "boat people" and land refugees, and the culture and history of Cambodia, Laos, and Vietnam.
University of California Berkeley - East Asian Languages
- Department of East Asian Languages a based on a six dynasties engraved architectural tile.
University of California Berkely - Southeast Asian Studies
- Center for Southeast Asia Studies includes references to campus events, course offerings, grant possibilities, and individual biographies.
University of Texas at Austin
- ASNIC is managed by the center and Department of Asian Studies at UT, offering BA and MA Degrees in Asian Studies and Asian languages (Bengali, Chinese, Hindi, Japanese, Malayalam, Sanskrit, and Urdu), and the PhD Degree in Asian Literature.
Universtiy of Michigan - Asia Library
- Asia Library at U of M. English and Chinese display. How to read Chinese Online (link to Liu Shunguo's Pages)
American Communication Association
- Provides information about the ACA, a collection of materials on communication law and First Amendment issues, resources for teaching and research in communication studies and an extensive reference resource page for scholars and activists. Learn more about the American Communication Association, its programs and activities, and becoming a member.
Annenberg Washington Program
- Discover more about this program that serves as a bridge between policymakers, industry officials, academics, the press and the public.
Bibliography for Rhetoric and Professional Communication
- The works cited in this bibliography represent my own eclectic interests in rhetoric and professional communication studies, and I present them to the online community in the hope that some of you may find useful items for your own study and research.
Communication and Contemporary Society - University of Michigan
- Keep up with the exciting changes in the field of communication. Learn more about basic Internet utilities, the social aspects of computer-mediated communication, and changes in the more traditional media such as television, radio, and newspapers.
Communication and Education Resources
- This site can put you on your way to sources of useful information on computer networks, communications, and educational applications of networking, as well as links to assorted interesting Web servers.
Index - Communication Resources [fau.edu]
- A comprehensive list of communication, anthropology, and cyberculture resources on the Web. Recommended reading for all cyber anthropologists. Also contains an Anthropology of Internet Communities and Bibliography.
Index - History of Communication Media Technologies
- The Media History Project is a collaborative effort between professional and lay media historians to provide a comprehensive guide to all online materials relevant to the study, appreciation and understanding of media history. From Petroglyphs to pixel with everything in-between.
Media and Communication Studies Page
- This is a British-based gateway to Web resources useful in the academic study of media and communication. It was established in Spring 1995 and is being developed by Dr. Daniel Chandler, lecturer in Media Theory at the Department of Education in the University of Wales, Aberystwyth (UWA).
New Media: Technology, Culture, Society
- This magazine is being launched to provide a forum for social science, cultural studies and innovation and policy studies perspectives on the emergence, adoption and implications of new information and communication technologies, and their applications in the form of new media products and services.
Pepperdine University - Communication Division
- This is your resource for information on majors, students, alumni, faculty and general information about the Communication Division of Pepperdine University.
- Devoted to the task of keeping updated on the work of the late Dr. McLuhan. A project to scrutinize the interface between technology and culture.
- Propaganda is opinion expressed for the purpose of influencing actions of individuals or groups. Propaganda thus differs fundamentally from scientific analysis. The propagandist tries to "put something across," good or bad. The scientist does not try to put anything across; he devotes his life to the discovery of new facts and principles. In this site you will see a true analysis.
Public Speaking on the INTERNET
- It is amazing the things you can learn from the privacy of your own computer! Join us in learning more about the topic of public speaking.
Rice Design Alliance
- Rice Design Alliance presents the Virtual City lecture series on the Web. What new impact will new communication technologies have on the way we live in communities? Deyan Sudjic, Bruce Sterling, Howard Rheingold, Bruce Tomb and John Randolph and Sanford Kwinter examine the evolving nature of cities in the age of advanced technologies
Southern States Communication Association
- This WWW site has been established to bring those in speech and communication related disciplines predominantly located, but not limited to the south closer together.
Stanford Communications & Marketing Workshops
- Provides professionally designed seminars, videos and workshops to corporate managers, and executives worldwide. For details, please select from the enclosed list.
University of Florida - Communications Research Center
- The center conducts basic and applied research on problems related to mass communication. Provides consultation to faculty within the College and across the University and to individuals and organizations throughout Florida. The Center has a computer-assisted interviewing system and conducts telephone polls, personal interviews, focus groups, media use and effects studies, and message-testing research.
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- If you are interested in the college of communication at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign this is your online resource to general information and links to more.
University of Louisville - Department of Communication
- Discover our communications program, staff information and other facts about the offerings of the Department of Communication at the University of Louisville.
University of Toronto - McLuhan Program in Culture and Technology
- The originality of the McLuhan Program in Culture and Technology is not that it picks up and continues the work of Herbert Marshall McLuhan, now regarded world-wide as one of the most relevant thinkers about our time. It is that it continues this work with a new, hands-on approach which helps to understand media in increasingly pertinent ways.
Wayne State University - Department of Communication
- Provides intensive study and practice in all aspects of human communication with emphases in journalism, radio-television-film, public relations, and speech communication. Both professional and scholarly approaches to the study of communication are embraced.
Young-Eum's Info Page/Communication Scholars
- Current activities regarding "Communication Resources" and "Contemporary Society". Information for new users. Also more descriptive information regarding communication and books.
1990 Census LOOKUP
- This site is an experimental WWW server for retrieving data from the 1990 U.S. Census Summary Tape Files.
Best of Soc.Sci. InfoServers 1994
- This site wishes to discover the best Networked Information Resources in the field of widely defined Social Sciences and Humanities. Also to acknowledge and publicize this year's best Information Resources.
- DARE is a large international database of institutions, professional societies, groups, periodicals, information services, and subject specialists in the social sciences. Of particular interest is the fact that it includes several hundred entries for research and training institutions in human rights, international law, and peace.
ESRC Data Archive
- The Economic and Social Research Council Data Archive houses the largest collection of accessible computer-readable data in the social sciences and humanities. It is a national resource center, disseminating data throughout the United Kingdom. A full amount of resources for your perusal. Just to name a few ESRC Data Archive and HASSET the Archive's Thesaurus, The History Data Unit, Ordering Data from the Archive, visiting fellowship/internship program, and The PADSTAR project.
Health and Retirement Study (HRS)
- A collection of data from 1990's that studies the retirement and aging of society. Papers and Publications and much information in this site.
Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research
- This organization serves member colleges and universities in the United States and abroad by providing: access to a large archive of machine-readable social science data, Training facilities in basic and advanced techniques of quantitative social analysis. With resources that facilitate the use of advanced computer technology by social scientists. Some examples are New Developments at ICPSR, American National Election Studies, 1992: Custom Subsetting Capability.
Social Science Data Archives (Australia)
- This site contains information regarding the SSDA World Wide Web Server. Also their WAIS Catalogue and how to access their data.
Social Sciences Data Collection (UCSD)
- The SSDC is a collection of large numeric datafiles, as well as, a set of computer easy access to those datafiles through a menu interface with regard to Social Sciences.
Swedish Social Science Data Service
- A Swedish Data Bank Archive for machine readable data in Social-Science and Humanities. Also contains information about SSD, Staff, Publications and Ordering data.
Arts Humanities, and Social Sciences Resources
- An abundance of information on arts, humanities, and social resources. Find that information for that school paper.
Conflict Resolution Resources
- Points to Internet sites regarding conflict resolution, negotiation theory, and peace studies, with specific resources for Northern Ireland and South Africa.
Humanities Guides--Argus/UMich Clearinghouse
- Guides to resources on Humanities from the Argus/UMICH Clearinghouse.
- Numerous resources for the Social Sciences & Humanities.
Humanities - WWW Virtual Library
- A Virtual Library on Humanities and Social Science.
The HUMBUL Gateway
- Humbul Gateway, a gateway to international resources on Humanities, will link you to information all over the globe.
Migration and Ethnic Relations - WWW Virtual Library
- Superb Virtual Library on Migration and Ethnic Relations.
PRAXIS: Resources for Social and Economic Development
- Praxis is a hot spot for information on Social and Economic Development.
Social Science Information Gateway
- Service provides access to information sources over the network.
social sciences server from Australian National Univ.
- Research Schools of Social Sciences & Pacific and Asian Studies.
Social Sciences & Social Issues
- Complete access to any and all information having to deal with Social Sciences.
Social Sciences - WWW Virtual Library
- A virtual library on the Social Sciences. Received a Four Star rating by The McKinley Internet Directory of Social Sciences.
University of California CD-ROM Information System
- This site provides a great range of information. You can find NFS & FTP usage statistics, policy and restrictions, Known error on CD-Roms, overview, history and database software. There is even a section on installing public data at a new site.
University of Virginia Library - Social Sciences Data Center
- An archive of contact names of resources in social science and research. Take a look! Great library resource.
Voice of the Shuttle
- Recent, Forthcoming, or In-Progress Work by UCSB Faculty & Graduate Students.
Women's Resources [mit.edu]
- Women's Resources Project presents information on academic programs in Women's Studies and libraries with strong collections pertaining to the discipline, women and literature, community resources for women, and a gathering of women's resources found on the 'net.
Brigham Young University
- Center for the Study of Christian Values in Literature.
California Institute of the Arts
- Information on new art techniques and how to enroll at the University.
Cambridge University - Global Security Programme
- This is your key to information on the Global Security Programme at Cambridge University,
Carnegie Mellon University - College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Takes a pioneering approach to education by mixing liberal arts, professional studies and computing studies in an intellectually-stimulating, technology-rich environment. H&SS provides a range of courses and programs designed to expand our students' horizons and understanding of important social issues, as well as cultures and modes of expression.
Humanities External Degree
- Online catalog of courses available over the Internet.
Institute for Advanced Technology in the Humanities
- A navigable outline, what's new, searchable indexes, and statistics for the IATH WWW server.
Institute for Studies in Research and Higher Education (Norway)
- Their purpose is to undertake studies in research and higher education.
Institutum Studiorum Humanitatis
- Intention of realizing two basic principles in the field of humanities: connection between postgraduate education and research.
Interuniversity Expertise Center ProGAMMA
- This server provides information about Interuniversity Expertise Center ProGAMMA, intended to stimulate the development and distribution of innovative computer applications in the social and behavioral sciences. The center is supported by the Dutch government and several Dutch and Belgian universities. It includes a catalog of software for research fields in the social and behavioral sciences.
Jahnige Social Science Research Center - Smith College
- Jahnige Center is home to social science computing at Smith College.
Manchester Institute for Popular Culture
- Set up in order to promote theoretical and empirical research in the area of contemporary popular culture, both within the academy and in conjunction with local, national and international agencies.
Manchester Metropolitan University - Humanities & Social Science
- Faculty of Humanities & Social Science at the Manchester Metropolitan University.
Michigan State University - Arts and Humanities
- Permanently "under construction." We would very much appreciate your comments, assistance, ideas for additions and/or improvements to make it more useful.
Michigan Technological University - Humanities
- Scientific and Technical Communication Program is the art of using various media to develop scientific and technical information into a form accessible to diverse audiences.
National Endowment for Humanities
- Agency of Government that makes grants for projects in history, languages, philosophy, and other areas.
Open Society Institute
- A complete list of programs in education, media and communications, human rights and humanitarian aid, science and medicine, arts and culture, economic restructuring, and legal reform.
t0 Institute for New Culture-Technologies
- A public netbase from the Institute for New Culture-Technologies.
UCSC Humanities Welcome
- Information on the UCSC Humanities Department.
University of California at Irvine
- Information about the School of Social Sciences. Introduction to faculty, Staff, Undergraduate Counseling and Graduate Programs.
University of California at Santa Cruz
- WWW server of the UC-Santa Cruz Social Sciences Division.
University of California at Santa Cruz - Social Sciences Media Lab
- A media facility which teaches workshops for the Social Sciences.
University of Chicago - Social Science and Public Policy Computing Center
- The University of Chicago Social Science and Public Policy Division.
University of Hawaii
- Information on the university of Hawaii including undergraduate programs.
University of Michigan - International Insitute
- Coordinates research, training, and study in various studies around the University.
University of New England - Rural Development Centre
- An independent non-profit research organization established on the campus of the University of New England in 1976. With seven professional staff, the Centre undertakes applied socio-economic research with a rural focus.
University of Oxford - Social Disadvantage Research Group
- Research into poverty and exclusion from the Department of Applied Social Studies.
University of Pennsylvania Social Science Computing
- Home page of the University of Pennsylvania Social Science Computing.
University of Plymouth
- A Guide to the Department of Applied Social Science University of Plymouth and Internet Information for Social Scientists. This is a Hypermedia document with links to other locations.
University of Texas - Liberal Arts Media Center
- Support for technical work in languages and humanities.
University of Tokyo
- Information about SSJ-FORUM, a moderated electronic discussion list maintained by the Institute of Social Science.
University of Virginia - Institute for Advanced Technology in the Humanities
- A navigable outline, what's new, searchable indexes, and statistics for the IATH WWW server.
Western Washington University's Demographic Research Laboratory
- Western Washington University, which is committed to demography as a field of teaching and research. The Demographic Research Laboratory, in operation since 1974, represents Western's support for the oldest and most basic of all the social sciences.
Latin American Studies
Index - Latin American Studies - WWW Virtual Library
- A virtual library in the studies of Latin America.
Journal of Latin American Perspectives
- Perspectives is a theoretical and scholarly journal for discussion and debate on the political economy of capitalism, imperialism, and socialism in the Americas.
Latin American Economic Data Bank
- Economic reports from Latin America from the 15th through the 19th centuries.
Middle Eastern Studies
Betar / Tagar USA
- Information on how Betar is beginning to flourish all around the world.
The Harvard University Center for Middle Eastern Studies
- Academic programs covering the vast region from Morocco and West Africa to Inner Asia and the Indian subcontinent.
Index - Middle East Studies - WWW Virtual Library
- Provide a concise listing of the major information sources about and from the Middle East.
Middle East - North Africa Internet Resource Guide
- Resource guide on the Middle East and North Africa.
Middle East Studies Association Bulletin
- Journal of review of the Middle East Studies Association, an international organization of researchers, teachers and scholars in all fields of Middle East studies, and is published twice a year.
Middle East Water Information Network
- A project to improve management and conservation of water resources in the Middle East.
The Carter Center
- Dedicated to finding a cure for all diseases, poverty, conflict, and oppression.
FAQ - soc.culture.african/South Africa
- Information on society and culture in Africa and South Africa.
George Mason University - Program on Peacekeeping Policy
- Established to understand the use of military, humanitarian, and political forces in the conduct of multinational peace operations.
Index - Northern Ireland
- Internet sources concerning conflict resolution in Northern Ireland. Resources are divided into categories which are outlined below.
Index - South Africa
- Internet sources concerning conflict resolution in South Africa. Resources are divided into categories.
Northern Ireland Education System
- This section contains information on the Northern Ireland education system, including a brief history and results from various educational surveys.
Peace and Conflict Studies
- Studies done on peace and conflict around the world.
- Information about Stockholm International Peace Research Institute, an independent institution for research of conflict and peace issues, especially those concerning disarmament and arms control. Financing is mainly provided by the Swedish parliament, while the advisory committee the governing board and staff are international.
Political Issues in Northern Ireland
- Political Issues in Northern Ireland.
Political Wall Murals in Northern Ireland
- The political wall murals of the North of Ireland are an integral part of loyalist and republican communities. In its murals each group displays its hopes and fears, struggles and aspirations.
Register of Research on Northern Ireland
- Documentation from the Centre for the Study of Conflict at the University of Ulster.
Social Science Bibliography of Northern Ireland 1945-1983
- The bibliography contains nearly 6000 references to books (including chapters in books), government publications, journal articles, dissertations, political pamphlets and pamphlets produced by other bodies such as voluntary organizations and churches.
Stanford University - Hoover Institution on War, Revolution & Peace
- Research center devoted to advanced study on public policy and international affairs.
Stockholm International Peace Research Institute
- Research into problems of arms control and disarmament.
Academy of Leisure Sciences
- Welcome to the home page of the Academy of Leisure Sciences, a community of some 70 American and Canadian scholars dedicated to the academic study of issues related to free time, leisure, and recreation.
Index - Recreation and Leisure Studies
- Here is a world wide index for recreation and leisure studies anywhere you desire. It links to academic departments and programs.
North Carolina State University - Parks, Recreation and Tourism Management
- For information on parks and recreation in North Carolina, stop here at the NC State University Parks, Recreation and Tourism Management.
North Carolina State University - Recreation Resources Service
- Do you need a Recreation Resources Service? Come to NC State University Recreation Resources Service.
Rhonda's Leisure Studies Information
- Here is the Department of Leisure Studies information for the College of Applied Life Studies, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. For faculty information and resources check here.
Texas A&M - Department of Recreation, Park & Tourism Sciences
- The College of Agriculture and Life Science provides information not only for prospective graduate undergraduate students but also to provide you with an idea of what we are all about.
Coombspapers Social Sciences Research Data Bank
- This page contains information about Coombs Computing Unit, Australian National University, which provides Internet's oldest and largest systematic collection of scholarly documents in social sciences, closely integrated with CERNANU Social Sciences WWW virtual Library and Asian Studies WWW virtual Library.
Russian and Eastern European Studies
Armenian Research Center
- Everything you always wanted to know about the Armenian Research Center.
Bucknell Univeristy - Russian Program
- The faculty and students of the Bucknell Russian Program are glad you stopped by. Whether you are a prospective student checking out our offerings, a colleague or student from another university looking for supplementary study materials, or just a curious surfer looking for information about Russia and its cultural heritage, you should find much to please you here.
Index - Russian and East European Studies
- This resource is sponsored and maintained by the University Center for Russian and East European Studies of the University of Pittsburgh. It provides useful information about Russian and Eastern European Countries.
Russian and East European Network Information Center
- The University of Texas at Austin Russian and East European Network Information Center is HERE!!
Russian and East European Studies
- This resource is sponsored by the University Center for Russian and East European Studies of the University of Pittsburgh.
Russian Economy Resource Center
- Welcome to Seattle, hotbed of international trade and home of the nation's most talented Russia specialists. We hope that this resource center proves useful in making Russia more accessible and less mysterious.
Russian Longitudinal Monitoring Survey
- Welcome to the Carolina Population Center's Russian Longitudinal Monitoring Survey (RLMS). We are a team of economists, statisticians, sociologists, nutritionists, and public health scholars from the United States and Russia who are studying the impact of Russian economic reforms on the nutritional and economic well-being of the Russian population.
Science, Technology and Society
BLM - Science Studies Research Group
- Welcome to B L M Home page. BLM is a group of researchers which maintains several lines of work in the area of science studies.
Social Science Technology Server
- Welcome to the Social Science Information Technology Server. ProGAMMA has been set up to stimulate the development and distribution of innovative computer applications in the social and behavioral sciences in Europe.
ANU Demographic Archive
- THE AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL UNIVERSITY's Research Schools of Social Sciences & Pacific and Asian Studies provides an archive of demography. Included are PhD abstracts and working paper abstracts.
Bradley University - Sociology of Cyberspace
- The Sociology of Cyberspace is a collaborative project with coordinating professors from a variety of disciplines including sociology, physics, philosophy, business, art, English, women's studies, and computer science. The course will examine the contemporary revolution in human interaction via computer.
- Subject on Crimelinks range from prostitution to death row.
Criminal Law Links
- Criminal Law Links provides such links as the Death Penalty Information Center.
The Critical Criminology ASA Section
- The Critical Criminology ASA Section's purpose is to foster research and theory development in the field of critical criminology, which is widely recognized as one of the several major paradigms in criminology.
Federal Bureau of Prisons
- The mission of the Bureau of Prisons is to protect society by confining offenders in the controlled environments of prison and community-based facilities that are safe, humane, and appropriately secure, and that provide work and other self-improvement opportunities to assist offenders in becoming law-abiding citizens.
Index - Vera Institute of Justice's criminal justice links
- Stop here to link up to World Wide Criminal Justice links.
International Centre for Criminal Law Reform and Criminal Justice Policy
- The International Centre for Criminal Law Reform and Criminal Justice Policy is a joint initiative of The University of British Columbia, Simon Fraser University and The Society for the Reform of the Criminal Law.
Justice Information Center
- The National Criminal Justice Reference Service (NCJRS) is the most extensive source of information on criminal and juvenile justice in the world, providing services to an international community of policymakers and professionals.
Scandinavian Research Council for Criminology
- The purpose of the Council is to further criminological research within member countries, and advise the Scandinavian governments and the Nordic Council on issues related to criminology.
- Ever wanted to explore the earth as a planet and to examine the contents and depths of the Universe with large telescopes, then this is the site for you. Discover how you can go on one of the many six day trips offered.
YERAC electronic proceedings
- this site is an experimental electronic product. The aim of the experiment is to test the feasibility of publishing an edited and well-designed conference proceedings electronically.
Long Duration Exposure Facility (LDEF)
- All kinds of information on the LDEF, everything from the 57 experiments to the 69 months spent in space.
NASA - SETAR Space Experiments Department
- The web page set up by the NASA group at the Lewis research center has everything from the employees personal pages to the space experiment projects.
Space Experiments Division
- This page is all about how the Lewis Research Center is responsible for all of the things that lead up to a launch. The information available is information about experiments, facilities, logistics, and general information.
Amateur Radio Space Program
- AMSAT, the Radio Amateur Satellite Corporation, has been building and launching ham radio satellites for over 25 years. This site presents information about AMSAT and the amateur radio space program.
Center For Advanced Spatial Technologies
- This server contains information about Center For Advanced Spatial Technologies, University of Arkansas, which provides access to information on GIS, remote sensing, digital mapping, GPS and digital photogrammetry. Included are databases on archaeology, native Americans and historic preservation.
Earth Observations Lab
- Research in the field of remote sensing. As a part of the Institute for Space and Terrestrial Science, the EOL contributes toward the overall goal of providing leadership in key areas of multi-disciplinary space and terrestrial science, engineering, and education.
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- A launching pad into the world of aerospace, astrophysics and other sciences. It links to NASA images and permits browsers to download spectacular photographs. Includes links to CERN's Aviation Virtual Library and CERN's Aerospace Virtual Library, with links throughout NASA, from the JPL to the Goddard Space Flight Center.
FTP Access to SIR-C Imaging Radar Survey Data
- NASA's first and second Spaceborne Imaging Radar-C (SIR-C) flights on the space shuttle Endeavour. Radar images from SIR-C (built by NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory) and X-SAR (built by a joint German/Italian team and flown at the same time as SIR-C) provide a unique look at the earth's environment.
Icarus, International Journal of Solar System Exploration
- This International Journal of Solar System Studies server contains the cumulative author and subject indices for 1989-1993, and a searchable list, updated every 4 to 6 weeks, of all papers submitted since May of 1994.
Lunar Rover Initiative at Carnegie Mellon University
- Lunar Rover Initiative plans to launch and land a lunar mission within the decade. The navigation group provides pages describing the autonomous navigation system for Lunar rovers, pictures, publications and pointers.
- A part of the University of Strasbourg astronomical observatory's Data Centre (CDS). In keeping with the CDS role as historical repository, this site contains a growing collection of modern-media material related to astronomy and space sciences. The MediaTheque collection contains documents on audio tapes, video tapes, CD-ROMs and in software packages.
The MIT Center for Space Research
- This server contains information about The Center for Space Research, observatories and astronomical subjects as well as faculty and research staff.
- Demonstration of technology in space used to identify and track ballistic missiles during their midcourse flight phase. The spacecraft features an advanced multispectral image capability to gather data on test targets and space background phenomena.
NASA The Rapid Development Lab, Johnson Space Center
- Rapid Development Lab server focuses on RDL resources to explore and evaluate new technologies and processes for flight software and simulation development. Pictures, sounds and movies enhance the experience of touring the lab. .
NASA/JPL Imaging Radar Home Page
- 3-D images, color radar images by location taken from the Space Shuttle, and a Clickable Map of the World.
The Planetarium at Forum der Technik
- This planetarium server provides information about its equipment, shows, program schedule and links to other Web active planetaria.
The Planetary Society
- Explore the solar system with The Planetary Society, founded by renowned scientists Carl Sagan and Bruce Murray to promote the exploration of the planets and the search for extraterrestrial life. Join scientists, engineers, educators, and others as they work to understand our world and reach for worlds beyond our own.
- Jet Propulsion Laboratory takes aim at Pluto, the only planet not yet visited by a spacecraft from Earth.
Public Use of Remote Sensing Data
- Allows citizens to access and use earth and space science data over the Internet.
United Nations Outer Space Office
- This is an experimental home page focusing on United Nations activities in outer space matters, particularly on planetary exploration and astronomy (basic space science).
Universities Space Research Association
- Washington, DC, US This server provides information about the Universities Space Research Association (USRA), a private, nonprofit corporation established in 1969 by the National Academy of Sciences at the request of NASA. USRA provides a mechanism through which universities may cooperate with one another, with the US government, and with other research organizations.
- A list of astronomical anonymous ftp servers. A catalog of the main astronomical resources on the Internet relating to amateur astronomy.
Astronomical pictures & animations
- Information and images of the Hubble space telescope, planets, eclipses, and the space shuttle.
Astronomy Gallery [j.hunt]
- Astronomical photos taken by amateurs, using amateur equipment. Each image has an associated text file that explains how the picture was taken. Information on how to build your own equipment, advice on films and exposures. Links to other astronomy sites.
Astronomy Image Archive
- This site includes an archive of astronomical images. The images include information on Nebulaes, Galaxies, Star clusters, Supernovas, Black holes, the Aurora phenomenon and our solar system. There are links to similar sites of interest.
Astronomy Picture of the Day
- Each day features a different image or photograph of our fascinating universe and a brief explanation written by a professional astronomer.
CCD Images of Galaxies
- An Observatory that provides general information and images on various subjects like newly discovered planets, the solar system, galactic nebulae, extragalactic objects, as well as specialized images of galaxies and UFOs. There is also educational materials such as publications, web talks, movies demonstrations and text.
Comet P/Shoemaker-Levy 9 Impact Home Page
- This site contains information, images, animations, and other resources regarding the collision of fragments of comet P/Shoemaker-Levy 9 with Jupiter, which took place on July 16-22.
Declassified Satellite Photographs
- Declassified satellite photographs and information collected by the U.S. intelligence community during the 1960's.
Digitized Sky Survey
- Form allows you to retrieve GIF or FITS images from astronomical coordinates or object name.
Earth Observation Images Database
- On-Line Query System (OLQS) of NASA Space Shuttle Earth Observation Images. There are 22,000 photos taken by the Shuttle astronauts. High quality full-color images of cities, islands, mountains, deserts, lakes, storms, and many other features.
- You can view either a map of the Earth showing the day and night regions at this moment, or view the Earth from the Sun, the Moon, the night side of the Earth, above any location on the planet specified by latitude, longitude and altitude, or from a satellite in Earth orbit.
The Galaxy Catalog
- A collection of large, bright and well resolved images of 113 nearby galaxies assembled at the Department of Astrophysics, Princeton University. This page has links to the paper in the Astronomical Journal (AJ).
Ionia "1 km AVHRR Global Land Data Set" Net-Browser
- This experimental server allows retrieval of quick-looks of satellite images archived by ESA/ESRIN since April 1, 1992. An initial set of about 3000 images is currently available, and the server is constantly updated with new images.
- Various pictures of the moon in different phases.
Magellan Image Server
- A index of various images from NASA Planetary Data System, Microwave Subnode.
- A browsable, zoomable and scrollable atlas of Mars. Thousands of high-resolution Viking Orbiter images. This atlas has complete coverage of Mars as grayscale maps and interesting color maps of all of Mars.
Mars Images Menu
- Various images of Mars, Phobos, and Deimos.
MSSS Viking Image Archive
- This site provides access to a large fraction of images taken by the Viking orbiters from 1976 to 1980.
NSSDC Photo Gallery
- A collection of images organized by object and/or phenomenon. The source of the image has been included wherever possible.
Planetary Nebulae Gallery
- A index table of information which leads to various images that includes nebulaes and other space phenomenon.
Regional Planetary Facility
- A reference library providing planetary science researchers with access to the extensive collection of image data obtained from planetary missions. Over 300,000 photographs and images of the planets and their satellites. Cartographic products generated from these images are also available. This page is continually updated.
Sketches of Deep Space Objects
- Sketches of galaxies, nebulae and clusters, as viewed through a 6; reflector.
SkyView image retrieval facility
- SkyView is a Virtual Observatory. SkyView generates images of any part of the sky at wavelengths in all regimes from radio to gamma-ray. This site also includes links to other sites of similar interest.
Space Image Library [okstate.edu]
- A variety of sources for space-related images.
Space Images Archive
- An archive of astronomical and solar system bodies, spacecraft and rocketry, as well as every manned U.S. space mission.
Space Shuttle Photographs Repository
- An extensive collection of photographs taken by space shuttle astronauts using hand-held cameras as well as some radar imagery. The collection contains photographs from STS-41C to the present and is continually growing with each space shuttle mission. Spectacular Earth-looking views as well as photographs of EVA's and spacecraft and satellite deployments. Shuttle photographs are available as an archive to researchers in the scientific community.
STScI/HST Public Release Images
- Hubble Space Telescope Public Pictures. Access Files and Related Information Directly.
- Images of various nebulae chosen for aesthetic more than scientific value.
Icarus, International Journal of Solar System Exploration
- The International Journal of Solar System Studies server contains the cumulative author and subject indices for 1989-1993, and a searchable list, updated every four to six weeks, of all papers submitted since May of 1994.
Space Shuttle Encyclopedia Archive
- The Space Shuttle Encyclopedia Archive contains several archives. The Mission-File Archive has images, sounds, movies and a text file for each mission flown. Other archives hold mission press kits, status reports, and technical information on the shuttle. General collections hold images, movies, sounds and experiments.
Hot Topic: Space Shuttle
- The many wonders of the space shuttle. This site has everything about the many space shuttle events that will happen in the near future to education about space shuttles.
NASA Shuttle Web
- A site to find out all about the future tests that will be performed on the space shuttles and future flights as well.
- Ever wanted to know how the space shuttles get named? Sign on here and find out.
Shuttle Launches from Kennedy Space Center
- From this document, you can access a variety of useful information about Shuttle launches from the Kennedy Space Center, including the Latest Shuttle Manifest .
Space Shuttle Clickable Map
- Ever wanted to know the parts and systems of the space shuttle? Sign on here and find out all about how a space shuttle works.
Space Shuttle Models
- This is a site that contains a few 3D shuttle models.
Space Shuttle News Reference Manual
- In depth evaluation and explanation of different systems and parts on a shuttle.
Space Shuttle Overview
- Want to know if any space shuttle parts are manufactured near you? Sign on here and find out what is produced and where.
Space Shuttle Photographs Repository
- This collection contains photographs from STS-41C to the present and is continually growing with each space shuttle mission. Astronauts have captured spectacular Earth-looking views as well as photographs of EVA's and spacecraft and satellite deployments.
International Space Station Alpha (ISSA)
- The purpose of International Space Station Bulletin Board is to communicate an overview of the Space Station Program as we develop and assemble the first International Space Station.